Friday, November 7, 2008

Finding Beauty

Another week comes to a close. Being in the mortgage industry I follow financial issues, economic information, etc. It can get pretty depressing lately. The amount of business that I have (pretty much zero) is pretty depressing too, actually. To help get extra income I am doing some contract work in foreclosure/loss mitigation counseling for a local non-profit that I have worked for in the past. That can be pretty draining, but more about that part at another time.

This mornings news is not pleasant either. Job losses are high, all the major domestic auto companies are suffering huge losses, and it is pretty evident that many more people will lose their jobs as continuing layoffs occur. So all in all it's really just one big mess, huh?

Well, not neccessarily. In His world He always gives us things to help us understand that He is constantly around. I don't know where you live, but here in Atlanta (actually Roswell, GA) today it is most beautiful. The trees are gorgeous, the falling leaves gently swirling their way to the gound in a myriad of beautiful colors. The sky is a serene blue with very few, if any, clouds. The temperature is wonderful. If I just stand outside, be quiet, and take in the wonder that is His creation I can clearly see His presence. That gives me peace in the moment.

Where you are it may be raining, cold, somewhat ugly, and not very pleasant. Certainly there are many days like that here as well. But even in that setting, if you look and listen, you will hear Him and see Him. If you know Him, even that type of setting can bring you a quiet peace.

I know that things in this world aren't great. Believe me, I know. I will as time goes on try to share on this space some of the things that I have experienced in life, both good and bad. There are many, many people hurting. In many ways. All over this world. But I can also tell you that I know, I truly know, that He is always here.

I heard a story one time that I treasure and repeat to this day. A man was standing thinking about all that was/is happening in the world. Wars, economic recessions and depressions, starvation, hurricanes, violence, and much, much more. He turned his gaze toward heaven and asked "God, oh God, can't you see all the hurt, pain, and agony in this world!? Why don't you send help!?"

And He responded to him "I did. I sent YOU."

Enjoy the world around you today. He is there......see if you can find someone to help.

No comments: